Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday September the Ninth.

It's my Sissy's birthday today. I call her Sissy because, well, number one, she is my Sister. There are other reasons though, like that is what her name is saved as in my phone. Speaking of which, once upon a time Wes wanted to call her and I told him to type in Sissy. He got SUPER angry because apparently "Sissy" is also a put down. So I just want to go on the record and say that I don't mean Sissy in the putdowny way, only in the sisterly way.

Anyways, it's her birthday. And naturally, because it is her birthday I've thought of her a lot today. Partly because I'm a little jealous that she got to eat yummy pizza, and partly because I'm jealous she went on a Nordstrom birthday shopping spree. But, also because, I love her. LIKE A SISTER. (Oh, wait...)

The love I feel for each of my siblings is special and unique. But I have a sort of awe and respect for her that is special to her. A respect that comes from the fact that, I'm sure she is nearly perfect. Growing up, she set such an example. (That sounds horribly cliche.) There's just, really is no way to describe it. Her humility and resolve frankly scared me a little. Because now, and as a child I am most certainly the opposite of humility and resolve. (So very humble of me to say that, no? ;) )

When she's gone sometimes I like to go inside her room and just look around. I can't decide whether doing this is actually as creepy as it sounds here. I like to go in there because everything she has is so beautiful. Because It's clean and shiny and beautiful in a distinctly "Kristen" way.  I like going in there because there is a special feeling in there. I also like going in there because sometimes I steal her shoes, and sometimes I steal her necklaces.

Quite honestly, we aren't even the best of friends. That could be my fault. Maybe it's because I'm a little jeal that she looks beautiful with no makeup on or maybe it's because we're so different. She is always there when I need her though. Staying up late talking about things that are only comfortable topics when the sun has gone down. I think it was a year ago to day. I was home for the weekend after receiving some heart breaking news and she stayed up with me. And just talked. Oh boy, what would life be like without a sister!?

So here's to her, Happy Birthday wise one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment