Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BLOP Update and stuff.

Today! Started! Off! Horribly!

I got a 75% on my bible test. BIBLE test. The worst part? I didn't think I did bad at all. That's totally how it always goes. I need to kick my butt into gear. (What... does that even mean?) To kick things off on an even lower note let's reminisce about all the things I DIDN'T get done today :) I didn't write two papers that are due like, really soon. I didn't do my math (this is an ongoing one) I didn't go to the bank. I didn't do any homework. At all. I didn't do laundry and I didn't clean my room.  Now I can feel terrible about myself, and "you'' can feel awesome. Anytime.

In all honesty though school is great. I love economics and it has me really excited about my major. We watched a TED talk the other day and it got me hooked. At least I'm wasting my time on educational lectures, that's something.  It's lovely and fall like here. I'm holding on tight to summer though, that's for sure!

Ok, and here's the real NEWS. THE REAL AWESOME GREAT NEWS. I'll start from the beginning. I've been dying to get my ballet on lately, so I found a great looking ballet school in town and decided to check it out. The school is housed in the most adorable old schoolhouse called the Whitier center. Complete with the most perfect shade of ballet pink on the walls, big staircases, old wood floors, and transom windows. Straight from a movie.
Portion one of story; while waiting for someone to talk to this black guy comes over to me. Asks if I'm taking class.
-Yes.
Asks where I go to school?
-USU.
Asks if I like country dancing?
-Unsure.
Lived in the towers last year?
-Nope, that was my boyfriend.
Asked if we were still dating?
-He's on a mission (failed  to mention that I haven't spoken to him in 4 months...)
Dear John?
-Laugh.
For real, do you like country dancing?
-No, I like Latin though.
Do you have a job?
-No.
I have a club.
-Cool.
You should come dancing at my club, we're having a Latin party Friday night.
-Cool, maybe I will.
Do you want to be the bartender there?
-Um....
Or the hostess?
-Um...
Here's my number.

Well, folks. I might be a bar tender soon. Look out world! After I escaped the presence of the crazy club promoter I went and found the adult ballet class. IT WAS WONDERFUL. I've missed it so much. I think I practically threw up sentimental happiness. I love being in a studio. And ballet. Oh, so so wonderful. So I took class. The teacher was great. The women in the class were funny. (And I was totally the best one there! also 10 years younger than everyone there...) After class the teacher told me about a company that the school runs, and that I was definitely good enough to participate. I can't tell you how excited I am! I've been looking for more opportunities  to dance EVERYWHERE and I've finally finally found what feels like the perfect fit. Looks like I'm about to be a lot busier.

Goodday.

2 comments:

  1. hi. I love you. I love the sentance "I practically threw up sentimental happiness."

    Glad you're happy. Get your school work done. call me if you want to.
    I love you.
    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete