Sunday, July 11, 2010

what is love love love. baby don't hurt me.

The better you know someone the more you love them, it is true. So while I've been sorting through feelings the past few days I realize that it's ok to still think about you. I'm not yearning for your arms to be around me any more or any of the sappy stuff, but I worry for you and about you. I don't want to be with you, but I want the best for you from the deepest place in my soul.
And that is the beauty of real love.

           IT lasts forever.

I'm not sad about it. I'm quite happy because there is love in my heart forever because of you, and there is always room for more.

The better you know someone the more you come to love them, to understand them. Love brings me happiness because it is in it's perfection, pure unselfishness. And unselfishness = happiness. It is not worried for oneself, but rather, (to me at least) a complete abandonment of our own troubles and selfishness. Real love places the loved above the lover. You feel their pain. You want to take it away. That is where lovers go astray. Or where I went astray in love. Perfect love was initially there, but over time perfect love became imperfect, because unselfish love turned in to selfish love. Where the loved was concerned for itself and it's own desires above the other. Selfishness and love cannot coexist. So while I loved him, I must have loved myself more. Love, but not in love.

I'm always grateful for the times in my life when my heart is softened enough to feel love more fully for my friends and family and complete strangers, them too. To feel a deeper understanding of their lives and their struggles and joys and sorrows. Or even just a peek.

MY HOPE & my greatest desire right now is quite simply, to LOVE more.

1 comment: