Friday, July 30, 2010

Welcome to cornland. I do hope you'll stay.

Today, an angel visited me at the corn stand. No GUYS! Not a pretend angel, a real one. I'm so sure of it.
Maybe I'll write about it sometime.
MAYBE I WON'T.

But the things he talked to me about got me thinking.
About the profound influence that we have on those around us.
It's so funny, that such deeply wonderous lessons can be learned at a corn stand.
    At a corn stand in Spanish Fork, Utah, NO LESS.
But a happy genuine countenance is contagious and I'm absolutely so sure of it.
These people are buying CORN (or berries/cherries/peaches/salsa/jam/crenshaw/orange flesh/watermelon(with or without seeds)) from me. But they make me feel so deeply connected.
Which is pretty great.

Everyone is so different and so wonderful and so weird and yet so wonderful.
During this week alone, I've heard and seen it all. I've heard testimonies, I've met movie directors (watch out for "Too tough to Die"), Rodeo Stars, and told a woman from Brooklyn about the church. I've heard too many divorce stories to count and felt really awkward about it every time. I've met crack heads who have children they don't know about and fed police officers free melons for breakfast. I've watched domestic disputes take place I've run into some very meaningful people in my life-people who I wouldn't have ever seen had I not been there. Old friends, and I deff. for sureizzle met my future husband today. He asked if it was busy today, but we both (we both?) know what THAT MEANT. Ya guyz. WHOA.

And this is when I realize, take a deep breathe, that I will love whatever I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment