Sunday, July 18, 2010

dear birthday week,

thanks for the birthday cake- it's my favorite.
 .... so lovely to come home to that.
thanks for the weekend and the sunshine and the laughter.
for my picture perfect in almost every way birthday week.
the tostada pizza from CPK.
for the hike- because it turns out THE SUBWAY in Zion rocks from the bottom up too.
-----for sweaty foreheads from 108 degrees on hikes.
for caves and glow sticks and scenes right out of the star wars opening credits.
---- oh AND thank you glow stick muck for making my hair a grease bomb, you made my hair look really awesome in the dark- but unfortunately, it's also glowing in the light right now.

Thanks for the sand in my swimsuit, a sun burned back, and scratches from my mid torso to my toes... c.l.u.t.s.y.
thanks for.....for stars and milky ways and air mattresses and sandy beach mattresses.
for the feeling i got when i woke up, trudged to the bathroom, looked up, and remembered
 
i am in ZION, surrounded by some of the greatest beauty in all the world.

thanks chacos, for tearing up my feet- you sure did a number to them.

oh, and HEY, Sand Hollow- thanks for existing. you are a really really GREAT LAKE.
thanks for your cliffs and sunken plane and all that cool stuff that you have to offer.
SNOW CANYON- you weren't too shabby either. climbing was great this morning, even in the heat.


MOSTLY THOUGH,


thanks friends, none of it would be possible with out you.
i love you and i love you for putting up with me.
it's wonderful what can be accomplished with a little help from your friends-
so thanks girls, for everything. you keep me breathing and happy, you make me better.

what A WEEK it's been.
here's to another one.


happy monday "everyone"

No comments:

Post a Comment