Tuesday, March 22, 2011

baby oh baby.

Ok. So I'm almost hesitant to bring up this subject on my blog because I don't want to jinx things or something. 

But, that's unreasonable, so here I go, bringing it up.

I'm trying to think how to best describe my feelings about ballet- about how it makes me feel and about what it's done for me.

I was (and still am) PASSIONATE about ballet. I can't describe this passion. And you can't understand it, unless you are me, or at best, a dancer. It is stunning. It is a lifestyle. It IS EVERYTHING. Whether or not this latter statement is GOOD, it is nonetheless true. Which is why I'm trying to find my way back. 

To make a long story (that you've probably already heard) short, I got a ballet teaching job in Logan. I also got another sort of offer from a ballet studio in Logan. These 2 events have kind of lit a fire in my heart. I've tried over and over to go back but never have found any where that I felt gave me what I wanted or challenged me enough.

BUT TEACHING. SHARING: Oh my goodness. I think this may be it.

So anyways- how it makes me feel. What it's done for me.

There is this feeling of power when I'm dancing. It's amazing feeling to bring beauty into the world through movement. Isn't there so much power in that though, truly? As one person- I can make someone else feel something and I can inspire through MOVEMENT. That is power. 

And so, when I think about teaching, I think about this power being unparalleled. Being able to dance for these girls- being able to push them. It's exciting to me to think I get to share my experiences and be apart of that lifestyle again. It's beautiful. It's powerful. I am sounding like Hitler. 

I'm not power hungry.

I'm just ballet hungry... and I think I'm about to get my fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment