Tuesday, October 26, 2010

i concur

Balance. It's hard for me to think of any think that brings me more peace than a clean life that is balanced in all areas. Surprisingly enough... I feel like I have achieved this lately- feels good.

SO along those lines I read this talk tonight and felt like it was a good thing hear. I hadn't heard the term "consecrated life" before.

Anyways. Check it out... if you want.

Here's a tid bit I particularly enjoyed.

"By work we sustain and enrich life. It enables us to survive the disappointments and tragedies of the mortal experience. Hard-earned achievement brings a sense of self-worth. Work builds and refines character, creates beauty, and is the instrument of our service to one another and to God. A consecrated life is filled with work, sometimes repetitive, sometimes menial, sometimes unappreciated but always work that improves, orders, sustains, lifts, ministers, aspires."


I'd never thought of work as creating beauty. Makes sense. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment