Sunday, October 24, 2010

BY who?

Oh my goodness. It's raining outside today. (not inside, thank goodness.) which I love. And I'm like being all reflectatory and thinkatory. I for whatever reason, feel a need to explain my BYU decision. If to anyone, to myself. Because I'm scared! Because I'm going to move away from the place I know and the place where I grew up and faced so many heartbreaks and trials and learned so many lessons. The place where I struggled to figure out my beliefs and myself and life. I hope that I understand these things when I'm the new land of Provo.

But here's one reason why I'm ultimately going. The tipping point reason if you may. It's based on a simple conviction I have that Jake taught me a long time ago. He probably doesn't even remember but I do. He told me that when doors are opened to you, you should always take that opportunity because it will lead to future opportunities. It will lead to future doors being opened. BYU is a great school. Saying no to this opportunity, would be saying no to a lot of opportunities in the future.

So in the end, going to BYU scares the feaij;i;ao out of me. I will miss Logan's charm. (I do not include Logan winters in this category) I will miss the friends and the stunning fall days and roommates and the wonderful blue color on the walls of Old Main 225. Logan holds a deeply special place in my heart. But all though leaving hurts and feels hard. BYU feels right. And it's hard to argue with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment