Friday, June 25, 2010

buying antlers.

     Spending the morning in an apartment where everyone is a stranger is weird and gratifying.
1 month ago today I embarked on this yellow brick road. To newness, to me-ness, to happiness. It could have been awful, by choice, I made it easy. Somehow, I just opted out of the pain. When I keep living, keep meeting new people, keep trying new things and learning about myself, I am validated, and I am okay. Two failures in one month- and I am just fine.
     Last night I walked the halls of Snow Hall, memories of freshman year are forever kept in the stench of the carpet. Memories of you and of hardship weighed heavily in my heart as the familiar smell plagued my mind. The place where the seems came unraveled. 2 months later I go back as a new person, and I realize that the girl I am now would have loved it here. But I can only love future places and future people. That's all in the past and that's all it'll ever be. Being with an old friend who only ever knew me then, makes me realize how much I've changed and how much I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment